Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kanye West

"Everything I'm not, made me everything I am" -Kanye West
I'm not sure if it is considered a quotation, but it is said during the song "Everything I Am" on Kanye's Graduation album. During the song he compares himself with other artists and actors, on their actions and accomplishments. And I believe, he does this to identify himself from everyone else. He speaks about what everyone else has done, and what the audience expects him to rap about. He chose not to speak on stereotypical rap topics, but on what he believes people need to hear. From the quote, I've filtered that he makes his own choices and does not duplicate the artists and actors choices in music, personal style, and life. And thats how I feel someone should identify his/herself. Of course, it is hard act on with material accessories, but that is all they are. Just accessories to your life, not you. So all things he is not or chose not do made him who he is, Kanye West

1 comment:

  1. It totally counts, Chris. I Like Kanye more than I'm willing to admit. :)

    ReplyDelete