Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2000

As you can read from the title, my favorite "thing" is my Jeep. My father bought it a couple of years ago, but gave it to me as a present for my 17th birthday. My jeep is tough. Here's why...
On March 5, 2008, I was driving with my family on Route 9 South, during the night. We arrived at a stoplight next to a car dealership. I was behind a couple cars when the light turned green so, I held the brake until the car in front of me began to move. The car moves and I let go of the brake, and then out of no where a car going 65 mph hits the back of my Jeep. Inside the Jeep, my family and I heard this loud smack against the car and felt the vibrations of the impact.This Honda Civic-like car ( I don't remember what kind of car it was) actually pushed my Jeep forward about 30 feet. So I park right there, in the left lane, and in the rearview mirror I see the car that hit us with only one light shining. Seconds later, I noticed the car's horn was resounding (you know, that steady horn sound that means someone died). Right there, I started to freak out in my mind. So, my father and I leave the car and head over to her car (She was young, in her 20's, beautiful woman). We walked past the shattered, windshield, glass on the floor and stopped at the driver's side door. We saw that she was conscious and asked her if she was okay and she didn't answer. She was at a loss of words for what happened. I looked at the damage of her car and saw that her windshield was shattered, the right side of the hood was crushed in deep, and her side doors were cracked. I compared it to my Jeep and saw that there was minimal damage. My rear bumper was smashed in a little and there were small cracks around the back of my vehicle. After I took all this into account, I loved my Jeep for saving my family and I from harm and death. I thought my car was bad @$$ for not taking any damage. I also call my Jeep a man because he took it like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment