Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fill in the blank in the following statement and discuss: "They don't make ________ like they used to."

They don't make Carvel Ice Cream like they used to. Four years ago, when i used to work there, Carvel (on Drum Point Road) made ice cream with milk they special ordered from the Carvel company. Nowadays, they used their own homemade milk. They use 3/5 milk combined with 2/5 water to make their ice cream. I know this, because my brother used to work there a year ago. And right before he quit, they introduced the homemade milk to the store. It is supposed to make the ice cream cheaper to make, while still using the same price to sell it. I stopped eating there ever since I found out. The ice cream doesn't taste the same anymore, but I don't believe the customers have noticed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment